Monday 22 June 2015

Introducing the "I am Project"

Hello there, how are you?

Today I thought I'd share the project I mentioned last week.

I had the idea for this after spending a day in a treehouse with Rachael from Excel Coaching and some other lovely ladies. I've always tried to focus on the positive in every situation, I feel it really helps me cope with life's twists and turns and I'm always grateful for what I have, but, the day in the treehouse showed me that I don't always recognise the good things about myself, so I came up with the idea for the "I Am Project" as a way to record and celebrate all these little things, and seeing as "I Am...." is one of the most powerful statements you can make, you can bet that there will be a lot of positivity and gratefulness in this little album. I bought a small 6x8 Simple Stories album (from Hey Little Magpie) and am mostly using papers from Crafty Templates Quirky Kits and lots of stuff from my own stash. 

Then one day whilst I was scrolling through my Instagram feed I spotted Studio Calico were also doing an "I Am Project" with exactly the same thinking behind it as me, a case of great minds thinking alike, and they had brought out a range of products too, then I really chuckled when my Quirky Kit arrived and it had lots of Studio Calico I Am papers and Simple Stories papers inside it not only that, they were all perfect for the colour scheme I had chosen, so I'm taking it as a sign that I was meant to do this project.

I started by covering the album, I loved the black and white stripes with the flash of pink as they are the main Crafty Alchemy colours and the gold and glitter adds the prefect amount of sparkle, I may add some embellishments to the album as the project progresses and develops.


Whenever I do a project like this I do like some sort of consistency so I tend to stick to a certain colour scheme (there will be lots of pinks and blues in here) and the same cardstock for the pages, I'm using American Crafts Kraft for this one. I'm also an intro page girl, if an album has a set theme like this one, I like to do a bit of an explanation so the reader has some idea what it's all about.


I kept this page pretty simple as I wanted the focus to be on the writing, I've used Simple Stories grid paper, some washi tape and gems and one of my favourite frame stamps, I've had these 2 frame stamps for about 8 years, they were made by a company called Bam Pop! and they are right up there on my most used list.


To make the frame, I stamped it onto pale pink cardstock, cut it out and inked the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink, then I attached it to a square of white cardstock with 3d foam pads, then I used Thickers and tiny alphabet stickers for the title.

I'll be back soon with more of the I Am Project. 

For those of you wanting an update on the crochet blanket in my earlier post, I haven't done anymore to it yet, but I've just ordered the yarn for the border and yarn for 2 more blankets and a new wooden crochet hook, I know I said in my last post that crochet hurts my hands a bit, but I do love it and have so many pretty projects lined up. I'll share all the pictures of the yarn when it arrives - once I've sorted it into blankets that is.

See you soon and keep creating.

Claire
xx

6 comments:

  1. It's great project claire, you're right we are the last ones that are ever documented or recorded. I've often though though that when I'm gone my boys will not have any record of their mum at all.

    I look forward to seeing how you fill the album xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a project, Claire. Love your layouts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super project Claire and the contents of your kit would certainly indicate that it was meant to be.
    You are as bad as me, I can't say no to pretty yarns even though I have loads of yarn (and a fair few UFOs LOL).
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project. Love all of the stunning content.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire this is a fantastic project. I love the layouts you are using. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks great Claire


    gr karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx