Saturday 2 August 2014

Scrapbook Layouts - Picking Cherries

Well hello there, how are you today?

It really wasn't my plan to leave it a whole week before blogging but I've been a  bit preoccupied with Crafty Alchemy stuff this week, it's all good though, the kettle has been brewing none stop when I've been at home and the last 2 nights I've been working through lots of paperwork, notebooks and notes until the wee small hours.

Now this is where I need your help, I have a few ideas for the blog, sharing more from Crafty Alchemy Labs and a new blog series is amongst them but here's what I'd really like to know....

What do you guys want to see on here? I really really would like to know so please share your thoughts, would you like to see more crafting, less chatter, more techniques, tutorials? You suggest it and I'll do my best to make it happen, there are lots of things going on in the background here now and things will be changing considerably for the next 12 months and I would like you all to be a part of it... my amazing readers! If you'd like to suggest something you can leave a comment below or you can email me if you'd like just use the "contact us" button in the side bar, I'd love to hear from you.

Now then, I believe I mentioned a scrapbook layout about picking cherries, well here it is...


We have a huge cherry tree in the back garden at Mum and Dad's house and picking the cherries each year to make jam is a family affair, this year we happened to have some scaffolding up at the bottom of the garden  (which is an entirely different story) so we used that to get the cherries from the top of the tree that we wouldn't usually be able to reach... extra cherry jam ... yum!

To create this layout I cut 2 large scalloped circles out of 2 pieces of 12 by 12 cardstock, I used a template I'd made from a shaped piece of cardstock to do this, then I used the lid from a tin of Roses chocolates to draw the circle in the centre of the pink cardstock then I carefully cut it out starting off with a craft knife then finishing up with scissors, the pink cardstock is attached to the white cardstock using 3d foam pads so it's more like a frame. All of the paper used are from Quirky Kits and I also added some stickers and Thickers for the title and 3 large American Crafts Rose brads.

Well that's all from me for today, I've already crosses several things off my to do list but have several more to go, wish me luck and productivity (and cake, always wish me cake :D)

Take Care & see you soon.

Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your Crafty Alchemy journey Claire. You asked what people would like to see in your blogs and I think you should definately keep the chatter, it helps people get to know you and your personality. Maybe you could do, say a weekly Tutorial - although that's just my opinion cos I like seeing tutorials. I did think of trying that myself once but only got as far as taking photos at different stages and havn't done anything with it since!
    Sal Hay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO Claire. I too love the chatter - it makes you, you.
    Perhaps a mix of your crafty makes and previews of your new goodies for the shop, with the odd tutorial thrown in. What you don't want to do is make your blogging a chore as I'm sure you are busy enough without making this a marathon effort too.
    Whatever you decide Claire, I'm sure we will enjoy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, keep the friendly chatter! I enjoy seeing where your creative mind takes you, you're always moving on and evolving which is great to see. Keep doing what you're doing as long as you enjoy it.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the friendly tone of your blog and it's always great to see techniques and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx