Tuesday 15 July 2014

Sarah Hurley 365 Challenge - Celebrate

Well hello there, how are you on this sunny Tuesday evening?

We have a new challenge over on the Sarah Hurley 365 blog this month and you still have time to enter. The theme for this month is ...


There's a really great reason this theme was picked for this month, it was 4 years ago in July when Sarah started the original Sarah Hurley Challenges Blog, I joined the team 6 months later and Sarah's never been able to get rid of me since Bwahahaha!

I decided what better way to celebrate than to throw a party, and how do you announce a party? Why, invitations of course....


First thing I did was cut a piece of yellow cardstock to 6x4 inches and doodled a border around the edge, next I cut a piece of turquoise paper from one of Sarah's AFOMFT kit slightly smaller than 6x4 inches, I also doodled a stitched border around the edge. I made some bunting by folding small pieces of neon pink tape around pink and white bakers twine and then cutting out a little triangle from each to get the banner shape, I attached the bakers twine to the back of the turquoise paper using tape and then stuck this to the yellow card using double sided tape.
I stamped the Princess Girl Doodle Doll and coloured her in with Promarkers (Blush, Dusky Pink, Vanilla, Pastel Lemon, Mustard, Rose Pink & Orchid) I then used 3d foam pads to attach her to the card. 
I used the Block Alpha Stamp set to stamp "you are invited" onto scraps of paper from the AFOMFT kits, as a  finishing touch I sprinkled some silver stars over the top & glued them down where they landed.

All you need to do to enter is create something on a Celebration theme - remember there's an extra prize for using Sarah's products on your entry - and link up to this post here before midnight on 28th July. You can see all of the DT creations here too.

Thanks for stopping by & hope to see you soon.

Claire xx

1 comment:

  1. Super card Claire and a lovely way to celebrate the 4th birthday of Sarah's challenge blog.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx