Wednesday 23 July 2014

Scrapbooking - Happy Pooch

Oh my goodness, just how hot is it? I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West only without the lovely cold bucket of water. Both H and I have been hiding out in the shade as much as possible today but it's still too warm despite having all of the windows wide open, I do love the sunshine but I love it more when it has a breeze to go with it.

Anyhow, I should really stop waffling and get on with it otherwise I may turn into a Crafty Alchemy shaped puddle, which would not be good ,I have too much to do to turn into a puddle.

Since Sarah Hurley announced that the AFOMFT kits were being discontinued I've been working  my way through all of the left over bits (I still have one untouched kit and one more to arrive) and trying to get all of the layouts I've made blogged.

This one was made from an AFOMFT kit from a couple of months back...


I loved  the lemons and greys in this kit, one of my favourite colour combinations.
As you can see the photo is of Bailey (who incidentally is enjoying this weather a lot more since I filled the paddling pool for him to dive into and cool off) chewing on a bone.

I used one piece of 12x12 paper trimmed down a bit for the background and used the journaling cards as my other patterned papers, I added the  grey and yellow cardstock for the photo mat, base card and banner and the yellow brads from my own stash. The Kraft arrows were made by cutting down the self adhesive photo corners and added some Thickers for the title. The journaling reads "It's mine, nom nom nom, all mine" Bailey 2013.
As a finishing touch I added some doodled stitching here and there.

I'm going to miss these kits when they're gone.

Just a little reminder we have a little giveaway running here at Crafty Alchemy, just scroll down to the post below this one (or click here) for the details.

Take care, see you soon, try not to melt too much ;0D

Claire xx


3 comments:

  1. Love the LO Claire - grey & yellow work so well.

    Gosh it is so hot and stormy. I haven't turned into a puddle but I'm certainly feeling like a zombie due to the lack of a decent night's sleep in what seems like for ever. I too love the sunny, warm weather but I do wish there was a breeze.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love yellow and grey together. Gorgeous project!
    And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog too. I'm the same with unfinished projects, that's why I stick to cards and pocket pages, even if I don't get the whole page done in one sitting, I've made lots of the bits for it and can keep going later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great photo and really enhanced by the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx