Sunday 17 August 2014

Nana's Birthday Card

Hello there, happy Sunday to you all.

I've been trying to get back into some sort of routine this week, not long now and H will be back to school and all normality (well as normal as it ever is around here) will be resumed.

I've been reorganising the studio a bit this week too, and already I've been quite productive, here's what I was making yesterday....


It's Nana's birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd make her a card, it's not a special birthday as such but when you get to a certain age every birthday becomes a bit more special than usual. I used papers from an assortment of Sarah Hurley kits, along with a heart stamp and rose stamp from the kits. I stamped the heart in grey ink all over the pink paper and used a scalloped border punch with the vanilla coloured paper. The roses were coloured using Marsh Green, Pear Green, Dusky Rose and Antique Pink Promarkers. I then used a scalloped circle punch and stamped Happy Birthday using Sarah' Sentiments stamps.


All of the edges have been inked with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and I used 3d foam pads to attach them all to the card.

Well that's all from me I've got loads to get through today and I'm feeling a little tired after going to see Mamma Mia at the Winter Gardens last night (it seriously rocked) H is feeling it too, she's asked if she can spend the rest of the day in her pjs on the sofa with my blanket watching DVD's, I said yes :D

Thanks for stopping  by and hope to see you soon.

Claire xx


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card Claire - great colours and lovely detail. You're Nana is a lucky lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this card Claire, lovely colours and great detail. Your Nana is a very lucky lady xx Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card C, sounds like you had a great time last night xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Claire. I've just had a week's holiday from work but just the thought of going back is wearing me out. PJs & sofa sounds like a great idea for the rest of the evening.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment, reading them makes my day!
Claire xx